There has never been a more challenging time to be in business. Almost every business, large and small, has made numerous adjustments to deal with changing economic conditions. The New Castle County Chamber of Commerce is a valuable resource to help your business navigate these challenging times. The Chamber has worked hard to be responsive to the needs of the business community. We have done this by following a simple Mission Statement: Create business development opportunities for our members and advocate for a strong and stable economic climate.
The Chamber was first organized as the Newark Chamber of Commerce way back in 1922 and since that time we have grown to become the leading business organization in the area. The Chamber has been so successful for the last 95 years because of our ability to connect our members to their next customer. With that in mind, I would like to invite you to check out the 2017 Program and Membership Guide to see all the different activities, programs and services we provide to our members.
Membership in the Chamber is an investment in the future of your business and our local economy. The Chamber offers a wide range of services to help your business grow and provides many opportunities to market your business throughout the region. Your membership in the Chamber will entitle you and your employees’ access to programs, events, information and discounts. Here are just a few ways you and your employees can benefit from membership:
• Marketing Opportunities: The Chamber provides affordable and effective opportunities for member companies to advertise their products and services. Our website, social media program and over 200 “in-person” events are cost effective ways to promote your products and services and reach thousands of potential customers.
• Credibility: A nationally recognized research company, the Shapiro Group, has determined that consumers have a significantly more favorable opinion of a business, if they know the business is a member of the local chamber of commerce. The study also indicated that a consumer is 63% more likely to patronize a business if they know it is a member of the local chamber of commerce
• The best networking program in the region: The Chamber is famous for its business card and networking mixer program. Each month, we host at least two networking events. This is a proven way to meet potential customers and expand our business. There are 10 free networking events included in your annual membership dues.
• Legislative Advocacy: To make sure that the voice of the business community is heard in the General Assembly, at County Council and in Washington, the Chamber is an active participant in the legislative process.
• Workers Compensation Insurance: If the rate increases of the few years have cost your business too much money, check out the Chamber’s unique Workers Compensation program which can save your business thousands of dollars.
• Business Education: How can you keep up with the changing market trends, new regulations and business technology? The Chamber offers a series of dynamic and informative programs put on by the EEC about topics that are critical to the successful operation of your business.
If you are not a member, I would encourage you to join the 1,200 other businesses who are members of the Chamber, because,
Mark A. Kleinschmidt
New Castle County Chamber of Commerce